Professional Holding Corp. said it would no longer provide banking services to U.S. President Donald Trump’s company, as it joins lenders distancing themselves from him after last week’s assault on the U.S. Capitol.
“Professional Bank has decided not to engage in any further business with the Trump Organization and its affiliates, and will be winding down the relationship effective immediately,” Eric Kalis, a spokesman for the Coral Gables, Fla.-based company, said in an emailed statement. Kalis provided no details on the scope of Trump’s dealings with the bank.
More politics coverage from Fortune:
- “We will never concede”: How Donald Trump incited an attack on America
- Democrats plan to use Senate win to pass $2,000 stimulus checks
- Photos: A look at the nationwide riots on Wednesday
- Attempted coup at Capitol presents key opportunity for cyberattack, experts warn
- Betting odds heavily favored Georgia’s GOP candidates, then suddenly collapsed. What went wrong?